HOW AND WHEN I COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
It is not the my intention to collect any personal information about you, however, I may incidentally collect personal information from you when you:
- contact me or request information from me;
- visit my website; or
- communicate with us via social networking websites, third party apps or similar technologies.
I will indicate where any personal information I have requested is mandatory or optional. If you will decide not to provide information which I have indicated is mandatory, some portions of the site may not be available to you.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION I COLLECT ABOUT YOU
I may collect and process personal information about you which you provide to us, such as your contact details (e.g., your name, address, or email address).
If you contact us with a complaint or query, I may keep a record of the correspondence.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
I may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the information and services you have requested;
- for system administration purposes to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- for customer support;
- to advise you of any changes to my services;
- for security and fraud prevention; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
I will only process your personal information where I have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which I have collected and use your personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
- My legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for me to process your personal information as part of the normal operation of my business, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights. For example, where you contact me about the site and it is necessary for me to handle your personal information as part of my service to you.
- Compliance with law: Where I am subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
WHERE I STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that I collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the UK and/or European Economic Area (the “EEA”), including countries, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in Europe and the UK.
Whenever I transfer your information as described in the paragraph above, I will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy. In these cases, I rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (such as the EU-US “Privacy Shield”) to ensure your information is subject to adequate safeguards in the recipient country. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you may contact me for a copy of the safeguards which I have put in place to protect your personal information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
HOW I KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
I take steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymized. For example, I may keep a record of any correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint) for as long as is necessary to protect me from a legal claim.
I maintain reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal information, I cannot guarantee the security of your information as it is transmitted to me.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
I may disclose your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- within organization including persons that I hire for specific tasks (to the extent that such sharing is necessary for them to perform their work);
- with my suppliers, business partners, and service providers, where they are helping us to promote the site and its content;
- with business parties, in the event that I sell any business or assets, in which case I may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
- if all or a majority of my assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about My customers and visitors to my website will be one of the transferred assets;
- with authorities or similar third parties requesting mandatory disclosure in compliance with applicable law, if I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; or
- with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, to protect my rights, property or safety or that of my users, or others.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small text files placed in your browser. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a webpage for the purpose of transferring data, such as the IP address of the device that downloaded the page on which the web beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the web beacon appears, the time the page containing the web beacon was viewed, the type of browser that fetched the web beacon, and the identification number of any cookie on the device previously placed by that server.
VARIOUS TYPES OF COOKIES ARE USED VIA THE SITE
- “Session cookies” are used (which will usually be deleted when you log out) to keep track of your internet session, which, for instance, allows the web server to remember the site language. Without these cookies the online services that you have asked for cannot be provided. Session cookies are necessary and/or useful for the functioning of the site
- “Persistent cookies” are used (which are longer-term) to help you move around and enjoy the features on the site more easily and to remember preferences, actions and settings to improve your visit (at your request)
You can object to such cookies through your browser settings, hoIver, please note that without essential cookies, some features or activities may be limited or not available to you. For more information on how to control cookies on your browser, or about cookies generally, please see https://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Strictly necessary cookies and similar technologies are essential in order to enable you to move around the site and use its features. Without them, services like enabling appropriate content based on your type of device cannot be provided.
Analytics cookies and similar technologies collect information about how you use the site, so that I can analyze traffic and understand users’ interactions to perform analytics, including to analyze, measure and report on usage and performance of the site.
For this purpose, I may use third-party service providers such as Google Analytics, who may use their own cookies and similar technologies. The information is used to improve My sites or products. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage. To opt out of Google Analytics relating to your use of My sites, you can download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available via this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Functional cookies and similar technologies allow the site to remember choices you make (such as the region you are in) and to provide enhanced, more personal features. They can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize.
MANAGING COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
You can manage your consents for cookies on the site through your browser settings. You can adjust your browser to reject cookies from this site or from any other site operator. Controlling cookies via browser controls may not limit my use of other technologies. Please consult your browser’s settings for more information. You can also check your browser settings to learn how to delete cookies.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include: the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information.
I will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please conduct us using the contact details below.
You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think I have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns, I request that you initially contact us (using the contact details below) so that I can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
My website and other digital properties may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites and services (including third party social media platforms). If you follow a link to any of these websites and/or services, please note that they have their own privacy policies and I do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check any such third party privacy policies before you submit any personal information to these websites or services.
I collect the following information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
For more details on what is collected, or for information regarding the sMyces of such personal information, please see sections “How and When I Collect Personal Information About You” and “What Personal Information Do I Collect About You” above. For information regarding how I may use or disclose such personal information, please see sections “Purposes for Processing Your Personal Information” And “Disclosing Your Information” above.
California law also mandates that I specify certain disclosures, as some disclosures constitute a “sale” of data under California law, even if no money is exchanged. I do not sell personal information. However, I may have disclosed the following personal information to the following categories of third parties for My operational “business purposes” as defined by California law, in the last 12 months:
|Identifiers||Paul Jariabek website My suppliers, business partners, social media networks, and service providers.|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age or nation origin||Paul Jariabek website My suppliers, business partners, social media networks, and service providers.|
I do not sell any personal information, including any sale of personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
You have the right to not be denied goods or services for exercising your rights.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
Please note, however, before I will be able to process your request for access or deletion of personal information, I will need to properly verify your identity for security purposes. Where I possess appropriate information about you on file (e.g., name, email address), I will attempt to verify your identity using that information. I will be able to confirm the precise information I require to verify your identity in your specific circumstances if and when you make such a request.
To use an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you will need to directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request, provide the company with signed permission for the authorized agent to act on your behalf, and you will need to verify your identity, directly with the company.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
I may change this Privacy and Cookies Policy at any time. The new Privacy and Cookies Policy will be displayed on my website. The date this Privacy and Cookies Policy was last updated appears at the bottom. If any changes occur, that materially impact previously collected information about you, I will make reasonable efforts to notify you.
Questions and comments regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy should be sent to
Paul Jariabek P.O. Box 80164, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy was last updated April 2021.